Employment Status: Full Time or Part Time – Non Exempt (hourly)
Reports To: Lead Staff – Adult Day Program
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 4 PM schedule varies per program need
Direct Care Staff provide client care, assistance and support in all client programming. Direct Care Staff will collaborate with the Lead Staff and the Program Facilitator to understand, implement, and monitor client ISP (Individual Service Plan) goals.
- Ensure client and employee safety at all times.
- Uphold client confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain organization of client work/classroom areas.
- Complete daily assigned job responsibilities at the beginning or end of shift.
- Ability to exercise appropriate ABA techniques for client programming.
- Follows appropriate chain of command when faced with concerns related to clients, parents/primary care
provider, VAC vendors, supervisors and other employees.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, personal accountability; looks for ways to improve or promote
- Adheres to all VAC policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Supervises developmentally disabled clients per assigned schedule, in defined Center-Based Activities, and
Community-Based Activities as related to the clients ISP.
- Completes appropriate and required forms daily and monthly this includes but is not limited to; Time
Cards, mileage, Client Progress Report, Daily Illness Inspection Form, Medication Log and others forms
and reports as assigned.
- Encourages clients to develop appropriate socialization, functional academics, adaptive functioning skills,
daily living skills and volunteer or work related skills and abilities.
- Will be required to assist with the following: laundry, meal preparation, cooking/baking, toileting,
participate recreational activities (indoor and outdoor).
- Will assist clients in a variety of prompts, including but not limited to verbal prompts, hand-over-hand, or
other physical prompts.
- May be required to work with non-verbal clients using Picture Exchange Communication System
- (PECS) or other assistive technology.
- Maintains a professional and objective relationship with referral sources, employers, parents, care
providers, clients, and appropriate others.
- Participates in meetings, program special events, training and/or workshops (e.g. community sponsored
events, on behalf of clients, award ceremonies, career events, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or
- Exemplifies VAC’s Mission, Vision and Core Values.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
6-months or more experience working with individuals or persons with developmental disabilities, preferred. Direct Care Staff ADP Job Description Revised 4/2021 MH Reviewed 4/2021
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) with students, parents, VAC vendors, supervisors and other employees.
- Ability to work as a team, actively participate and collaborate with other team members.
- Knowledge of crisis management techniques preferred.
- Ability to maintain composure, be objective, demonstrate sound judgment and react effectively in
- General working knowledge of standard computer programs.
- Prior experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Flexible and adaptive to student, program, and organization changes.
- Exhibits a positive, solution oriented and motivating demeanor at all times.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to implement goals and objectives.
Minimum High School diploma or GED required (all programs).
- Lifting and carrying up to 60 lbs. with assistance.
- Frequent squatting, sitting, walking, standing, bending and twisting, kneeling, crawling, climbing.
- Occasional running, pushing and pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level.
- Regular exposure to excessive noise levels.
- Walking and running on uneven surfaces.
- Regular exposure to outside elements, including excessive heat, direct sunlight, cold, wind or rain.
- CPR/First Aid certification preferred.
- Completion of behavior modification training within 3 months of employment.