Employment Status: Full-time / Exempt
Reports To: Human Resources Director
Direct Reports: 2
Summary: Support the organization with all HR related objectives including, but not limited to: recruiting support, benefit administration, employee relations, performance management and evaluation programs, policy interpretation, new hire orientation, leaves of absence, new hire paperwork and pre-employment forms, COBRA paperwork, preparing and maintaining key HR reports and metrics, and other activities as required to carry out the organization’s HR objectives. This position provides Human Resources support and services to multiple locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting requirements are in compliance.
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, testing, and selecting employees to fill vacant positions.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Keep records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions
such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for
- Partner with HR Director to deliver HR programs, policies, training and procedures and independently
develop programs as needed.
- Assist management in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and
sexual harassment as needed.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Manage the pre-employment testing such as criminal background checks, drug screening and TB testing.
- Assist with administration of benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances,
pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Investigate accident reports and prepares information, as needed, for Worker’s Compensation insurance
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine
reasons behind separations.
- Assist in preparation of HR training materials and acts as co-facilitator for training seminars as needed.
- Develop/maintain the pre-employment processes.
- Network with various organizations such as the National Society for Human Resources Management,
Chamber of Commerce; stay abreast of the latest developments field of HR and Employment Law. 1
Assist in the development and administration of all pay and benefit programs, and ensure pay increases and new hire pay rates are appropriately calculated.
- Participate in and analyze employment related demographic wage and salary surveys.
- Interact with representatives of the various companies who provide and/or administer our Employee
benefits plans to ensure that the benefits are provided timely and at the best possible cost; that the plans are
administered properly; and that the Employee’s and company’s interests are protected.
- Assist in developing, distributing and interpreting company HR Policies to ensure that Employees receive
fair and consistent treatment.
- Providing coaching and counseling support to management and hourly employees on critical Human
- Monitor the use of the Employee Corrective Action Policy to ensure the rights of both the Employee and
company have been protected.
- Utilize internal communications vehicles to promote an understanding of Employee policies and benefits.
- Monitor the company’s adherence to an Equal Employment Opportunity Policy and Sexual Harassment
- Stay abreast of current laws, pending legislation and court decisions which affect employment policy,
promotions, wage and salary administration, discipline and termination of employment.
- Ensure compliance with employment laws and inform management of changes.
- Be prepared and available to serve as an internal consultant in all HR related matters, as needed.
- Thorough understanding of all employment related laws, personnel policy and procedure design, compensation administration, benefits program design and administration, Employee training, Employee relations programs, record keeping requirements, and human resource information systems.
- Minimum of 4 years in a Human Resources position, supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and negotiating skills.
- Success in managing and driving change; leading and supporting cross functionality is expected.
- Must also be able to demonstrate success in managing change in a constructive manner; leading and
facilitating collaboration among departments.
- Experience at both the corporate and multi-site is preferred.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university in Business Administration and/or Human Resources; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs. without assistance.
- Frequent sitting, walking, standing, bending and twisting.
- Occasional pushing and pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level, squatting and
- Regular exposure to excessive noise levels.
- Must be able to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency
situations (including overtime assignments).
- Sitting for long periods of time, working in an office environment with most hours spent on a computer.
- Exposure to artificial lighting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of human resource information systems; payroll systems; Microsoft Office programs.
PHR/SPHR Certification preferred.