Employment Status: Part-time/Full-time (Non-exempt, hourly)
Reports To: Program Facilitator
Hours: Varied, based on business need
Position Summary: The Job Coach provides assistance and support to developmentally disabled clients on or off the job, in activities that are employment related.
- Ensure client and employee safety at all times.
- Uphold client confidentiality at all times.
- Follows appropriate chain of command when faced with concerns related to clients,
parents/primary care provider, VAC vendors, supervisors and other employees.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, personal accountability; looks for ways to
improve or promote quality.
- Adheres to all VAC policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Supervises client on the work site per assigned schedule.
- Completes appropriate and required forms daily and monthly this includes but is not limited
to: Time Cards, mileage, Client Progress Report, and other forms and reports as assigned.
- Assists in training the client on the following: basic employer procedural requirements,
expectations and job duties, appropriate workplace communication and socialization.
- Demonstration and role modeling job tasks and work ethics including, but not limited to,
punctuality, attendance, personal hygiene and appropriate workplace attire.
- Maintains a professional and objective relationship with referral sources, employers, parents,
care providers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Participates in meetings, program special events, training and/or workshops.
- Exemplifies VAC’s Mission, Vision and Core Values.
- Completes other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Current & Valid California Driver’s License (must submit a copy if offered employment).
- Clean DMV Record (must submit a copy no more than 5 days old if offered employment).
- Adequate, reliable automobile with proof of Insurance (must submit a current copy of your
insurance card if offered employment).
- At least 2 years of prior entry level work experience, preferred.
- Availability to work nights or weekends as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) with students, parents, VAC vendors,
supervisors and other employees.
- Ability to work as a team, actively participate and collaborate with other team members.
- Knowledge of crisis management techniques preferred.
- Ability to maintain composure, be objective, demonstrate sound judgment and react
effectively in challenging situations.
- General working knowledge of standard computer programs.
- Prior experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Flexible and adaptive to student, program, and organization changes.
- Exhibits a positive, solution oriented and motivating demeanor at all times.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to implement goals and objectives.
High School Diploma or GED required for all programs.
- Lifting and carrying up to 60 lbs. with assistance.
- Frequent squatting, sitting, walking, standing, bending and twisting, kneeling, crawling,
climbing. Occasional running, pushing and pulling, reaching above and below shoulder
- Regular exposure to excessive noise levels. Walking and running on uneven surfaces.
- Regular exposure to outside elements, including excessive heat, direct sunlight, cold, wind
CPR/First Aid certification preferred.