Carniceria La Carreta is looking for Butcher
Summary: Cuts and trims meat to size for display or as ordered by customer while displaying exceptional customer service by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs physical preparation duties of meat products each day according to customer requests.
- Provide excellent customer service and notify clients of sale items.
- Oversea quality control ensures appropriate variety and quantity of products is on display and rotates products as needed.
- Cuts, trims, bones, ties, and grinds meats, such as beef, pork, poultry, and fish, to prepare meat in cooking form.
- Shapes, laces, and ties roasts, using boning knife, skewer, and twine.
- Wraps and weighs meat for customers and collects money for sales.
- Places meat on trays in display counter.
- Receives, inspects, and stores meat upon delivery.
- Estimates requirements and requisitions or orders meat supply.
- Records quantity of meat received and issued to cooks.
- Ensures adequate quantities of meat products are in stock, retrieves meat products from cooler/freezer as necessary and notifies appropriate person when stock is low.
- Applies knowledge and ability to safely perform physical preparation duties and operate electric slicing, grinding and sawing equipment.
- Cleans and/or assures that meat slicing/cutting areas have been property cleaned throughout the day to include wiping down all equipment, tabletops, walls and floors.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to health and/or safety concerns.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be at least 18 years of age, and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ability to read and interpret documents such; as invoices, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
Need 2 full-time employees at each location: Stine and Calloway.
-Health insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance
-Paid Time off
-Employee Assistance Program
-Section125 Flexible Spending Account
Visit our Calloway location @ 3015 Calloway Dr, Bakersfield, CA 9331