Bakersfield Fire says they responded to an apartment fire Sunday night because someone tried to kill an insect in their bed with a cigarette lighter. The fire near the intersection of Knotts and Baker Streets was put out before it could spread beyond the mattress and bedding. No one was hurt. Fire Battalion Chief Anthony Galageza says this kind of incident is more common than one might think. He reminds people to only use open flame devices for what they’re intended and that’s not for killing bugs.