Bakersfield Police Department is currently looking for qualified candidates.
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s license
- 21 years of age at the time of appointment
- Trainee – Individuals that need to complete a CA POST (Police Officers Standard in Training) academy. Bakersfield Police Department host their own PAID police academy
- Academy Graduate/Lateral – Individuals transferring from another police agency or have completed a CA POST accredited police academy.
-Full Time position with varying hours
-$4500 signing bonus, paid academy, all necessary equipment provided
-Starting wage is:
Police Trainee – $26.36- $32.04 hourly
Police Officer (upon graduation) – $33.00 – $40.19 hourly
**Starting wages for Academy Graduate/Lateral as well
- Addition benefits included (full details listed on JoinBPD.us)
– visit JoinBPD.us and look for “apply now” link on the home page
– look for Police Trainee or Academy Graduate/Lateral