12 GUITARS OF CHRISTMAS
NOVEMBER 28 – DECEMBER 15, 2022
• Listen Monday-Friday, beginning November 28th in the 9 AM, 2 PM, and 5 PM hours. At each of those times, a clue will be given about one of the country artists who has autographed one of the prize guitars. After the clue is read, the 10th caller will be taken at (661) 842-5555 and that caller will be given the opportunity to guess the artist who the clue is about. If the caller guesses the correct answer, they are the daily winner of one of the 12 autographed guitars. The contest for the day will be over and begin again the following weekday. If the caller is incorrect, the contest continues at the reading of the next clue. After the 5 PM clue, if the first guess is incorrect, subsequent callers will be taken until there is a winner for the day.
• The first 11 guitar winners will be qualified through this method.
• The correct answer to the daily question does not entitle the daily winner to receive the autographed guitar from that specific artist. Winners will receive their autographed guitars at the 12 Guitars of Christmas event and will be subject to the rules of the Final Drawing as outlined below.
• All daily guitar winners must be present on Thursday, December 15th, at Buck Owens’ Crystal Palace. between 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM on 2800 Buck Owens Blvd, Bakersfield.
• Listeners who did not qualify during the 11 days of contesting prior to the event will have the opportunity to register on location between 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM to be the twelfth and final guitar qualifier. Entries will close at 7:30 PM and the name of the final qualifier will be drawn on location, and qualifier must be present to participate in the final drawing.
• Should any of the 11 qualifiers not be present to win, the total will be brought to 12 by additional drawings from listeners in attendance who must be present.
• A “picking order” will be determined by random draw on location between all 12 qualifiers.
• The first drawing participant will have their choice of any of the 12 sealed boxes or envelopes which will remain sealed until the drawing is complete.
• The second drawing participant can choose to pick their own box or take the box the first participant selected (“a steal”). Should a box be “stolen”, the participant whose box was stolen can pick a new box or “steal” from any contestant other than the person who just selected their box.
• Any box cannot be stolen more than two times.
• Once all 12 qualifiers have been selected and the selections are final, radio station personnel will prompt each drawing participant to open their box and reveal their guitar.
• KUZZ AM/FM contests are open to all legal U.S. residents, at least 18 years old, who live in the Kern Country area.
• KUZZ AM/FM may change the dates and/or terms of contest without prior notice.
• Employees of the Station, its licensee, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies, its participating sponsors, other radio stations in the Kern County area and the members of their immediate families and/or households are ineligible to participate or win.
• Contest winners will be required to present valid government- issued photo ID to claim a prize.
• One winner per household are eligible to win.
• Payments of all federal, state and local taxes related to the award of a prize are solely the responsibility of the prize winner. The winner must complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 for any prize valued at $600 or more. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize.
• By participating in the contest, the winner agrees to have his or her name, voice and/or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material related to such contest, without further compensation.
Depending on the contest, the Station will announce the timing of the required method of entry/winning. All references to an “announcement” or to any information to be “announced” may be announced on-air and/or via email, SMS, internet posts, blog posts, text message, instant message, social network posts, on-site, and/or via point of purchase displays, materials or handouts.
Participants hereby agree to strictly follow all instructions and directions given by the Station staff at the event and understand that any intentional failure to comply with the Station’s instruction, process, procedures or contest rules at the event may result in immediate disqualification (in Station’s sole discretion). Any decision by the Station Contest Administrator at such events will be final and not subject to appeal.
• In the event that the Event needs to be rescheduled for any reason, such postponement will be announced on air and on the Station’s website. It is the sole responsibility of each Entrant/Qualifier to check the website and/or listen on-air for cancellation and/or rescheduling information. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Station may (but is not obligated to) send a written, email or telephonic notice to Qualifiers regarding any necessary rescheduling of the Grand Prize Event with the rescheduled date/time but in no event will Station or Sponsors have any liability or responsibility for any Qualifier’s failure to receive the message for any reason or any Qualifier’s inability to attend the event on the rescheduled date (and no alternative opportunities will be offered).
The Station is not responsible for entries not timely received by it, regardless of the cause of the failure to receive.
• For the official rules of a contest, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by the end of the contest period to KUZZ AM/FM at 3223 Sillect Ave, Bakersfield, CA, 93308 Attn: Promotion Rules.